English Functional Skills
Functional English provides the basis for effective communication and understanding across the three subject skill areas; speaking and listening, reading and writing. KBM is offering Functional Skills in English, an Ofqual regulated online course.
English Skills are essential and vital for young people and adults to participate in life, learning and work. Functional Skills qualifications in English offer an easier and flexible method to gain a nationally recognised qualification suited for further education, college, university and employment.
The courses are suited for the learners who are applying university admissions for GCSE, in addition to the suitability for the access courses.
KBM Functional Skills Qualifications in English is accredited by well-recognised Gateway Qualifications.
The course is an equaliser of the GCSE English requirements of universities, colleges and employers:
- Functional Skills Qualifications in English Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE Grade C.
- Functional Skills Qualifications in English Level 1 is Equivalent to GCSE Grade D.
- If you need qualifications for TFL (Transport for London), you are only required to complete Level 1.
- The learners who are looking for the career progression or further education, Level 2 of Functional Skills Course is suited and recommended for them
Our diagnostic test will define how and what you study on your course. If the learner is working at Entry Level and desired to gain Level 2, we will help you to work through our e-learning course, use our resources and receive support until you meet the desired outcome.
The course includes tasks and assessments based on real life conditions and situations. The course offers presentation skills and correctness of spelling, punctuation grammar. The course has 3 elements:
- Speaking and listening: Participate in discussion, listening and responding and ability to present thoughts and ideas in group discussion.
- Reading: Reading of diversified English texts, interpretation and response towards information etc.
- Writing: How to present information and ideas in your own writing.
Length of Course & Completion
The length of course is 10 weeks with 3 to 4 conduct/study hours per week. The course has a flexible option for completion in 6 months.
We offer a very flexible and customised approach for Skills Planning on an individual basis. Our expert teacher will assist you for the qualification on the desired pace and suitability.
The online course / e-learning solution for Functional Skills in English Level 1 or Level 2 have 7 easier stages to complete.
Stage 1 - Initial assessment
We conduct an initial assessment to identify your existing educational / academic level.
Stage 2 - Diagnostic Assessment
Diagnostic assessment help to analyse and judge the aspects relating to the competency and potential areas requiring further improvement.
Stage 3 - Interactive Learning Resources
Interactive learning resources would be provided as per the result of your diagnostic assessment. This includes various information, quizzes and further assessments.
Stage 4 - Skills Checks
Skills checks are conducted on the completion of each learning resource at the completion of each module to ensure that you are in complete understanding of the specific subject.
Stage 5: Exam Practicing
After going through all the learning resources and working at the chosen level, KBM will provide 2 practice papers to solve. Our expert tutors will check and give a response.
Stage 6: Practice/Discussion
For the exam point of view, KBM will prepare for speaking and listening assessment would take place on the examination day.
Stage 7: Examination
Exams will be scheduled upon your suitability and availability. Your need to attend our Centre for the exams.
By the completion of Level 1, the learner can pursue Level 2. Level 2 makes learners eligible to progress into the further study with colleges and universities who require GCSE or Equivalent qualification for the admissions.
Online Learning Platform
The online e-learning Functional Skills in English are completed on our online learning platform to meet the tailor made demands of the learner and their fast track progression. We provide round-the-clock access to the e-learning solution works through the Internet. Some of the major qualities of the solution include:
- Progress Bar reflect the percentage of course completion.
- Messaging system connects you with your tutor.
- Additional Support from administration staff available to you when required.
- Course Criteria is included in the e-learning solution which needs to fulfil.
- Learning Material is in your quick access via e-learning solution.
- Highly Experienced Tutors Support is readily available to assist learners during the currency of the course.
- KBM’s admin staff is available to assist learners though all possible mediums including 1-1 tutorials on Skype, Whatsapp and Telephone.
KBM is specialised training provider for online and classroom-based courses with a mission to provide high-quality learning outcomes.
- KBM has a solid track record of successful learners
- The courses are accredited through well-recognised awarding body Gateway Qualifications.
- The courses have fast track progression outcome
- Simplified courses compatible through e-learning/distance learning
- High-quality service on very economical charges.
- Expert online tutors & assessors
- On-site IQA & Moderator
- Technical support available from 09:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
Retakes if unsuccessful
KBM has 93% pass rate. If you are not passed, the retakes option on £50.00 + VAT can be taken.